Trap Team Schedule, Spring 2017
- March 10th -- Deadline for athlete registration
- March 18th -- Mandatory safety meeting 9am -1pm in room 139 (Mr. Illies' room) at the school.
- NRA shotgun class, NRA marksmanship program, RSO guidelines, about the game.
- Discuss fund raising efforts and importance of raising money.
- April 1st – Teams and conferences will be announced
- April 5th -- Practice shoot 1, coaching and team building
- Patterning and fitting shotguns – Shoot on pattern boards and check fit and point of impact.
- Trap shooting rules and etiquette. Stance on station, leads, and other tips.
- Practice tracking and shooting slow, straight targets.
- As possible, practice on more difficult targets.
- April 12th (alternate date April 14th) -- Practice shoot 2, coaching and team building
- April 19th (alternate date April 21st) -- Reserve shoot, coaching and team building
- April 26th (alternate date April 28th) -- Competition shoot 1, with optional practice
- May 3rd (alternate date May 5th) -- Competition shoot 2, with optional practice
- May 10th (alternate date May 12th) -- Competition shoot 3, with optional practice
- May 17th (alternate date May 19th) -- Competition shoot 4, with optional practice
- May 24th (no alternate date) -- Competition shoot 5, with optional practice
- Week of May 28th (Specific date TBA) – Fun Shoot. Invite faculty, family, and friends for fund raiser picnic, games, and recruit new members and coaches. The favorite game is Annie Oakley
- June 12th -- League Tournament in Alexandria, MN (Attendance is open to all athletes who have attended all competitions and is optional. Event is all day)
- June 24th – State tournament at Prior Lake, MN