Trap Team Schedule, Spring 2018
- March 15th -- Deadline for athlete registration
- March 22nd -- Mandatory safety meeting at 4:30pm to approximately 8:30pm in room 139W (Mr. Illies' room) at the school.
- NRA shotgun class, NRA marksmanship program, RSO guidelines, about the game.
- April 19th – Teams and conferences will be announced
- April 4th -- Practice shoot 1, coaching and team building
- Patterning and fitting shotguns – Shoot on pattern boards and check fit and point of impact.
- Trap shooting rules and etiquette. Stance on station, leads, and other tips.
- Practice tracking and shooting slow, straight targets.
- As possible, practice on more difficult targets.
- April 11th (alternate date April 13th) -- Practice shoot 2, coaching and team building
- April 18th (alternate date April 20th) -- Reserve shoot, coaching and team building
- April 25th (alternate date April 27th) -- Competition shoot 1, with optional practice
- May 2nd (alternate date May 4th) -- Competition shoot 2, with optional practice
- May 9th (alternate date May 11th) -- Competition shoot 3, with optional practice
- May 16th (alternate date May 18th) -- Competition shoot 4, with optional practice
- May 23rd (no alternate date) -- Competition shoot 5, with optional practice
- Week of May 28th (Specific date TBA) – Fun Shoot. Invite faculty, family, and friends for fund raiser picnic, games, and recruit new members and coaches. The favorite game is Annie Oakley
- June 11th -- League Championship in Alexandria, MN (Attendance is open to all athletes who have attended all competitions and is optional. Event is all day)
- June 22nd – State tournament at Prior Lake, MN